Chako Pit Bull Rescue helps Pit Bull owners both in California and across the nation. Our various programs and volunteers make owner assistance possible, but please remember our resources are limited! While the services we offer are often free, for some we charge a small fee. Even where our services are offered for free, donations are very much appreciated (else these programs might vanish).
|Being a responsible Pit Bull Owner||N/A||HTML|
|Disaster preparedness check list||N/A|
|Dog to Dog Introductions||HTML|
|Truth about springpoles, flirtpoles, break sticks & more||N/A||N/A|
Below are some of the ways we help YOU, the Pit Bull owner:
- Free and low cost Pit Bull education classes
- Visit PIT BULL UNIVERSITY online for virtual classes, including classes by Chako instructors!
- Can't afford one of our classes? Apply for a scholarship!
- Keep Your Dog - Free Consultation Program to help keep Pit Bulls in their homes
- Canine Good Citizen Training and Testing (small fee)
- Keep Your Dog Program - Having problems keeping your dog but are nevertheless committed to your dog? Contact us, and perhaps we can help (this is not a financial assistance program).
- Rehoming your dog - Guidelines for us to post your dog on our Facebook page as well as other ideas to get your dog rehomed.
- Dog Behavior and Training Workshops (some free, some low cost)
- Service dog training for your Pit Bull if you have a disability (low cost if dog adopted from shelter/rescue)
- Help selecting the right Pit Bull for your household, whether from our rescue or a local shelter (small fee if from a local shelter)
- Assistance dealing with housing issues, dangerous dog citations, and service dog denials of access
(free or low cost)
Note: We only go to bat for RESPONSIBLE dog owners, so if you've repeatedly allowed your dog to roam and it's hurt an animal or person, we will not assist you. We're very picky about the matters we get involved with.
- Advice and consultation (free or low cost)
- Temperament Testing services (low cost)
- Expert Witness testimony in court (reduced cost)
- Need help with vet bills? Please see this note from our FACEBOOK page
- Referral to other resources