Chako Pit Bull Rescue helps Pit Bull owners both in California and across the nation. Our various programs and volunteers make owner assistance possible, but please remember our resources are limited! While the services we offer are often free, for some we charge a small fee. Even where our services are offered for free, donations are very much appreciated (else these programs might vanish).
|Being a responsible Pit Bull Owner||N/A||HTML|
|Disaster preparedness check list||N/A|
|Dog to Dog Introductions||HTML|
|Truth about springpoles, flirtpoles, break sticks & more||N/A||N/A|
Below are some of the ways we help YOU, the Pit Bull owner:
- Free and low cost Pit Bull education classes
- Visit PIT BULL UNIVERSITY online for virtual classes, including classes by Chako instructors!
- Can't afford one of our classes? Apply for a scholarship!
- Keep Your Dog - Free Consultation Program to help keep Pit Bulls in their homes
- Canine Good Citizen Training and Testing (small fee)
- Keep Your Dog Program - Having problems keeping your dog but are nevertheless committed to your dog? Contact us, and perhaps we can help (this is not a financial assistance program).
- Dog Behavior and Training Workshops (some free, some low cost)
- Service dog resources
- Help selecting the right Pit Bull for your household, whether from our rescue or a local shelter (small fee if from a local shelter)
- Basic nonlegal advice or referral to resources for dealing with housing issues, dangerous dog citations, and service dog denials of access
Note: We only go to bat for RESPONSIBLE dog owners, so if you've repeatedly allowed your dog to roam and it's hurt an animal or person, we will not assist you. We're very picky about the matters we get involved with.
- Advice and consultation
- Temperament Testing services
- Expert Witness testimony in court
- Need help with vet bills? Please see this note from our FACEBOOK page
- Pit Bull Friendly Rentals in the Sacramento regional area
- Referral to other resources